Book Review: I’m Feeling Lucky: The Confessions of Google Employee Number 59
|I’m Feeling Lucky: The Confessions of Google Employee Number 59
by Douglas Edwards
Bill has read this book
|Comment:I fell in love with Google’sproducts over 10 years ago but never knew the story behind the story – that is until I read this book. Doug Edwards was one of Google’s earliest employees and reveals an insight into the every day life of a mega-startup. Told from the perspective of someone in marketing made this an easy to read, yet informative look into one of the world’s largest technology companies – before they became the giant they are today.
I could relate to Doug’s situation in moving from a well-established company with a history of processes and procedures to one that was run like the wild wild west. His story of how he was able to both effect change and be affected by it are both enlightening and inspiring.
This is a must read for every new company and for even those more well-established ones that need to compete for talent against startups.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- ForgeRock Open Identity Stack Summit to Bring Together Experts on... businesswire.com/news/home/2013… via @BusinessWire 3 hours ago
- Day 1 of the OpenAM Deployment Workshop; in the can. Today we learned the SSO Shuffle. @_OpenAM_ @ForgeRock http://t.co/GFeEyihRAg 7 hours ago
- The Byte Me Daily is out! paper.li/billnelson/133… ▸ Top stories today via @57UN @Poopsee @LGBTTech 9 hours ago
- And, we're back. Thanks to all the hard work and tireless efforts from @ScottHeger and Braden Black! 22 hours ago
- @ThinkVera Must be crying to see you leave. ;-) 22 hours ago